This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website, and also to personal information which we process further to supplying services to our clients.
We take your privacy very seriously. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information relating to the personal information we collect about you, what we do with your information and who your information might be shared with.
“We”, “Us” and “Our” means The Schools People (“TSP”) and should be interpreted accordingly.
“The Website” or “Our Website” refers to www.schoolspeople.co.uk
“You” and “Your” refer to any individual accessing the website.
“Client/s” means any School, Academy or MAT who have a current contract with us for any of our services and their representatives.
“The Services” or “Our Services” refers to any of our services which enable you to access additional content on our website.
“Personal Data” refers to any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual.
“Processing” refers to any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction
1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and clients
1.2 This Privacy Notice applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and clients; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of personal data collected by the website and its functions. Processing is undertaken in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR.
2. How we use your personal data
2.1 In this Section we have set out:
- the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- the lawful basis for processing.
2.2 Personal information provided by you
We collect personal data when you subscribe to our newsletter, action your client Login or complete one of our online forms (e.g. Contact form; Request a Quotation form or Help form).
The categories of personal data we may collect during your use of our website are those strictly necessary provide you with the help or service requested. These include, but are not limited to:
- Email Address (work)
- Log-in password (Clients only)
- Organisational title or role
- Phone Number (work)
- Name of organisation you represent
- Any other relevant personal data that we will inform you of from time to time
We do not collect or process Special Category data via our website.
2.3 Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
We rely on one or more lawful basis for collecting and processing your personal data:
- You have provided consent– We will process your personal information, where you have consented to us doing so. For example, we rely on your consent to send you our Newsletter by email. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Where consent is the only lawful basis for processing certain aspects of your personal information, we will cease to process that personal information if you withdraw your consent. Any such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any prior use of that personal information, before the date of withdrawal.
- Processing is necessary to fulfil a contract – We will process your personal data, where necessary, for the performance of the contract which we have with you as a representative of your establishment or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
- Processing is in our legitimate interests and these interests do not override your data protection rights– We may process certain aspects of your personal information, when it is in our legitimate interests to do so, and where these interests do not override your data protection rights. Our Legitimate Interests include the proper administration of our website; taking steps at your request to provide a service or fulfil a request for information.
In addition, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Sharing your personal data with others
3.1 We share limited personal data with service providers who require access to your personal data in order to perform contracted services. We authorise the service providers to use personal data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf, or to comply with legal obligations if necessary.
3.2 We routinely share limited personal data submitted to and processed via our website with third parties used to manage our website and its functions e.g. Mailchimp, Google Analytics.
We use MailChimp.com, to deliver marketing information to current and potential clients regarding products, services and updates. For more information about how MailChimp processes data, please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
We use Google Analytics to gather information on how visitors use our website. For more information about how Google Analytics processes and safeguards your data, please visit http://www.google.com/privacy.html
3.4 We may share information with law enforcement agencies and other regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
3.5 We will not share your information with any third-party marketers.
4. Data Retention
4.1 We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Any personal data we retain is held in accordance with the principles of data protection legislation and operational retention needs.
5. Transferring Data outside the EEA
5.1 The information submitted by you via our website is stored by our website provider at a secure server within the EEA.
5.2 We will not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless such transfer complies with the GDPR. This means that we cannot transfer any personal data outside the EEA unless:
- The EU Commission has decided that another country or international organisation ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data
- One of the derogations in the GDPR applies (including if an individual explicitly consents to the proposed transfer).
6. Your Data Subject Rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR you have:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to processing;
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling).
Subject Access Requests (SARs)
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to make a SAR in relation to your own personal data please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
We must respond to your SAR request within one month unless the request is complex or onerous; in which case the period in which we must respond can be extended by a further two months
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You have the right to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email or write to us (see below for contact details), providing enough information to enable us to identify you. Please indicate which information is incorrect and provide correct information to replace it.
Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You have the right to prevent us from contacting you for particular purposes and to request we remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep some or all of your personal data. If this is the case, we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so.
If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please contact us by:
- email or telephone (see contact details below); or,
- clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email and/or newsletter
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process personal data, or you wish to exercise any data protection rights, please contact us in the first instance using the information below.
If you have concerns that we are not able to resolve to your satisfaction you can contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@uk-sas.co.uk
This website is owned and operated by The Schools People.
The Schools People is a trading name of Wellbeing For All Ltd, registered in England and Wales under the company number 11440942. Our registered office is 44 Tyndall Court, Peterborough, PE2 6LR
You can contact us:
- via our website contact page
- by telephone on 01773 851 078;
- by email using email@example.com
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to revise this Privacy Notice at any time. When revisions occur, we will post the revised version with a “Last Update” date. If a revision, at our discretion, is significant, we may also notify you by other means such as sending an email or posting a notice on our website. We reserve the right to determine how we provide you with notifications of a revised Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 7th January 2019
Last Update: 7th January 2019
Sign Up To Our Newsletter
Receive the latest news from the schools people
RT @JandGLtd: If you’re a Trust and you’ve considered expanding and growing, you may first want to consider a MAT Growth Audit. For more i…
@Headteacherchat Due diligence to get a clear view of the position and direction of the School, clarity from govern… https://t.co/DAxHWQ3xHT
Recent feedback for our lead Executive Coach (and CEO) @TSP_Chris "Chris is an excellent coach; the right balance… https://t.co/nw2808ibvK
@Headteacherchat @TSP_Chris our own CEO and Executive Coach would be our recommendation. Feel free to DM him for a chat.
@M_X_F @WomenEd @maternityCPD @researchEdhome @DiverseEd2020 @LGBTedUK @DiverseLeaderEd We now provide Executive an… https://t.co/nLRzjOBmJS